In the simplest terms, HIPAA sets standards by which anyone who provides healthcare must abide by – enabling consumers to transfer health insurance from one provider to another without sacrificing confidentiality while ensuring healthcare providers cannot leave patient information at risk.
On Call Computer Solutions provides IT services to help healthcare organizations achieve HIPAA compliance while better meeting the needs of their patients. Call us at (Tallahassee (850) 695-1008, Jacksonville (904) 513-9006, Virginia Beach (757) 269-9377) or email us at email@example.com for more information.
Failure to comply with HIPAA regulations can result in serious, hefty fines, as well as criminal charges and civil action lawsuits. When it comes to compliance, it’s all about working with the right technology solutions provider who understands how to meet the technical safeguards, including:
- Access control: Covered entities must implement policies and procedures that allow only authorized individuals access to electronic protected health information.
- Audit controls: Covered entities must implement hardware, software, and/or procedures designed to monitor and record access to systems containing electronic protected health information.
- Integrity controls: Covered entities must implement proper policies and procedures designed to ensure electronic protected health information isn’t destroyed or altered.
- Transmission security: Covered entities must implement adequate security measures that prevent unauthorized access to electronic protected health information transmitted or stored on the network.
On Call Computer Solutions is very familiar with the technical safeguards associated with HIPAA compliance. We have a thorough understanding of how HIPAA affects infrastructure and systems, as well as what is required to be compliant, how to implement solutions, and much more. You can rest assured knowing we stay ahead of the ever-changing regulations. We’ll:
- Monitor and maintain your IT systems to prevent, detect, and resolve all issues immediately.
- Offer onsite and remote support as needed to address all technology-related questions, issues, and concerns.
- Provide comprehensive security solutions, such as firewalls, encryption, anti-virus software, and more.
- Design a disaster recovery plan that keeps your healthcare organization operating and in compliance at all times.
- And much, much more.
Why should you utilize On Call over any other HIPAA compliance provider?
- On Call has on staff HIPAA Compliance Officers that help you meet the requirement of having a HIPAA Compliance officer – something that is mandated by HIPAA law.
- On Call has on staff HIPAA Security Officers – In terms of HIPAA compliance the security official shall oversee and ensure compliance with both the required and addressable, technical, administrative and physical safeguards in accordance with applicable federal and state laws, especially the HIPAA Security Rules.